Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My second AA meeting, and the day surrounding

I went to a new place this time, much bigger than I had expected it to be. There must have been 100 people there. I went with a girl that I met at the first meeting I attended.
I am 24 hours sober. again. 'Let's hear it for the 24 hours!' This is followed by phony applause and many strangers congratulating you on something that wasn't earned or worked for.
It's the mondays, oddly enough, that kill me. Every Monday, same party. Get drunk, get silly, find peace and joy in the superficial passtime. I've got some friends, some that I hardly know, but we've had some times I wouldn't trade for the world.
I feel dizzy sober, like nothing even exsists.
Anyway, this meeting was like a lottery. You come in the door, they hand you a raffle ticket, and if your number is called you speak about your alcoholism. I didn't take a ticket because I was late. Listening to so many perspectives gave me a great deal of insight into taking the first step.
I am an alcoholic/addict. But whatever higher power that I'm supposed to put in charge knows that I'm not ready to admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment