Friday, August 31, 2012

Sex and the (damaged) teenage mind

Yesterday carl returned from his trip to the upper peninsula. When he got back, we naturally made love. I didn't feel like I required it, so it was more on the healthy side. However, hadn't it happened, I would have gotten upset. I was only there from six to eleven. Normally, I would sleep over.
By the end of the night I was again craving the attention of the lust. When I tried kissing him and suducing him he said 'tomorrow, kitten. Tonight I'm too tired.' Which the rational part of my mind understands; he did just get back from a week long back packing trip. But the other side just couldn't help feeling rejected and ugly.
I made a call to the man that offered to sponsor me to ask for his advice. Stumbling through the phone call, I explained to him (we'll call him Dan) that 'my situation wasn't listed on the website' and 'I doubt that I even have a problem with sex'. But he laughed. He stopped me mid sentance saying 'X, you definetly have an addiction to sex. It isn't text book. It is an addiction to sex and a need for it, and you do have a problem.' So, I guess that's that. I can't just pretend its an imaginary problem anymore.
I told Carl what he said. I think he was trying too hard to be skeptical. I think we both kind of knew what was coming. But its hard to come to terms with that. Its easy to admit to myself, but very hard to accept it and to realize that I have to take steps to begin changing it. It's easy to admit to a blog. It was surprisingly easy to admit it to Carl. It's sorting through it that's going to be the tricky part, and I'm hardly prepared. I have a sexual addiction. I wish I could explain how real it is to someone other than myself. It's not as simple as 'not getting laid makes me feel bad'. It's more than that. I get this awful feeling of rejection because of some crushing imperfection that I have. I get so insecure that I can't function normally in the relationship as I would normally. This awful sense of betrayal overtakes me.
I guess here's to taking the first step and jumping right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment